Paste your text into the box to check for plagiarism with our free plagiarism checker.
Paste text into the box to check plagiarism for free.
Signup for a free trial of Keysearch to access our full SEO suite including our incredible writing tool, Content Assistant!
Free Online Plagiarism Detector and Duplicate Content Checker
The term plagiarism refers to the practice of taking someone’s words and ideas and using them without giving credit to the original author, thus passing them off as one’s own work. It is considered to be an act of fraud under US law. Plagiarism can occur in several cases, most notably:
- Using the words and ideas of an author without citing him or her
- Not using quotation marks when required
- Providing incorrect source information
- Borrowing too heavily from one source, even if the person gives credit
- Changing words while keeping the same structure
While plagiarism is most often understood as a deliberate act, it can be sometimes the result of an inability to cite sources properly.
Ensure Content is Original and Unique!
Plagiarism is a widespread phenomenon in schools and universities around the world. Many students will resort to the internet to engage in plagiarism and complete their papers and essays. There are several reasons that can explain this behavior:
- After much procrastination or poor time-management skills, they don’t have enough time to finish assignments on their own
- They feel they are incapable of doing quality work by themselves
- They don’t know how to properly cite sources in their arguments
- They confuse plagiarism and paraphrasing
- They want to take what they consider to be the easy way
- They think no one will find out what they did
To counter the proliferation of plagiarism, the use of plagiarism detection tools has become mandatory in schools to verify the work of students. These plagiarism detectors are now used not only in an academic context but in the business world as well, seeing how content marketing has become a must-have strategy for selling online.
Identify Stolen Works and Passages!
In addition to being unethical and illegal, plagiarism can lead to severe consequences for the person practicing it, whether she did it on purpose on inadvertently. If plagiarism is proven, the original author can sue the person who stole her work. Moreover, students who are caught plagiarizing risk having their academic curriculum compromised with degradation or expulsion, and sometimes, even their career opportunities can be affected.
Furthermore, more and more people are relying on online plagiarism checkers, from authors to schools and professionals. This means that it’s becoming more and more unlikely for a case of plagiarism to go unnoticed. The credibility of a writer, researcher, or any kind of content creator will take a massive hit if her content is proved to be taken, word for word, from another source.